Are you using LinkedIn effectively to generate new business prospects? The Content Marketing Institute claims that LinkedIn is the only platform that the majority of B2B marketers consider to be effective.
In fact, 44% of B2B marketers have generated leads via LinkedIn, whereas only 39% have generated leads through Facebook and just 30% through Twitter.
How to Share an Update on Your Profile
- Log in to your LinkedIn account and choose the “Home” tab.
- Select the “Share an update” option and paste the URL you copied into the box. A preview of how the issuu publication will look on your LinkedIn site is shown.
- Customize the update.
- When ready, choose “Share.”
Share and idea, question, article or website with others
Lead generation with LinkedIn is 277% more effective than Facebook or Twitter. This is because the volume of “noise” is relatively low, and because your target prospects are so easy to find on LinkedIn.
Top reasons to share a post and relevant information:
- Exposure. Once posted, a message goes out to your connections and followers stating that you posted an article they might be interested in reading, which helps you gain more exposure.
- Oppotunity. You are getting an opportunity to show your connections and your knowledge, as well as build your personal brand.
- Reach. Anyone can follow you and receive updates whenever you post a new article, allowing you to expand your reach.
- Awareness. Once posted, your articles show up on your profile page, becoming part of your professional profile. You are now building top of mind awareness.